Sunday, October 16, 2016

We're Now in October -October 2, 2016

Hello Everyone!!!!!!

Man, this has been a crazy crazy week, many things have happened.  First off, I just want to say that I've almost gotten comfortable being away from America, so I think I'm finally beginning to adjust to this beautiful, very different country :)

First off, I went on exchanges with Elder Paulo and Elder Fees this week (District Leader and Zone Leader respectively) and we had a great time working and teaching.  With Elder Paulo, I was able to teach an investigating family and answer questions they had about the Resurrection and what is going to happen to us at the Second Coming of Christ.  We answered her questions using scriptures from the New Testament and The Book of Mormon, but she wasn't quite understanding.  Then, I felt prompted to share my testimony of the resurrection and the atonement of Jesus Christ.  It was amazing.  I've never felt the Spirit speak through me so powerfully and clearly, and I was able to speak Tagalog that I didn't even know I knew.  After I shared my testimony, she paused and said she finally understood.  It was fantastic!

With Elder Fees, we taught an investigator named Stephen, a retired police officer.  This was my second time teaching him, and amazing things happened.  The first time I went to teach him, we did a follow-up on his reading of the Panunumbalik ng Ebanghelyo Ni Jesucristo pamphlet (Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ) and he said he wasn't able to read from it, which was saddening, but we read over the first couple of principles with him.  However, this time we went back and he said he had read his assigned reading and we taught him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  We explained what the Book of Mormon is and how it helps us come unto Christ.  We read from the Introduction and afterwards committed him to read the first Chapter of 1 Nephi.  He accepted, and we extended a baptismal date for November 12 which he also accepted.  He was extremely excited to read the Book of Mormon, he was literally jumping up and down in his seat.  It was so fantastic to see the excitement the Spirit gave him!

Also (wait for it) (wait for it)...... I'm being transferred!  I'm not going very far, just to Cabugao, the area just north of San Juan, but I actually have a meetinghouse in my area!!!!!!!  I'm so excited!!! My new companion is Elder Anuat, who I won't meet until tomorrow.  I'm so excited!  I get to continue to teach Stephen and other investigators that I've taught when going on exchanges/splits with Elder Fees.  I seriously can't wait!!!!!

That's all I've got for today, thank you all for your emails, support, and prayers.
Mahal Ko Kayo!
-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment