Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'm Now a Category 4 Hurricane Survivor:) -October 23, 2016

Hello everyone! 

First off, I want you all to know that I am safe and I have no injuries from the Hurricane :)

It was a pretty crazy, but pretty boring as well.  You'd think that the hurricane would make things interesting... but it caused a power outage and we were stuck inside all day... Needless to say, I did finish Jesus The Christ so that was good (read about 300 pages that day...). For those who have not read Jesus The Christ, I would highly recommend it.  Talmage has fantastic insights on the life of Christ and all that He did for us.  I learned so much from Jesus The Christ that I can apply in my own teaching and for the rest of my life. I'm so grateful for the Savior's sacrifice for us and His plain and simple teachings that allow us to understand our purpose in life.  I am amazed at how much I simply didn't know/comprehend about Christ's life and ministry. The significance of His sacrifice for us is truly incomprehensible. 

Other than the storm, the rest of the week was spent teaching and finding :)  We now have five investigators with baptismal dates, all scheduled for either the 12 or 19 of November.  I'm so happy to witness the joy the gospel brings in the lives of these children of God.  I'm so grateful for my opportunity and privilege to serve the Lord, whom I love. 

Novelyn came to church again this week, and she was as excited as ever to be there and learn about the gospel.  She's always so happy to learn about the gospel, and she constantly tells us that she is so happy for our teaching her.  I love watching the gospel enlighten her mind and life.  I've never seen someone gain so much joy from anything else in the world.

The storm wasn't too bad.  Hurricanes are pretty terrifying and the wind was quite merciless on our windows, but at least it cooled down a little bit here :)  However, lots of trees were blown down and many houses took damage. Thankfully, our house was in the safer area, so nothing too crazy happened to us or our area. From what I understand, all of the missionaries are safe.  I thank you all for the prayers you may have offered, they definitely were felt and made a difference.  

That's really all I have, sorry that this one is pretty short.

Mahal ko kayo!
-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment