Sunday, December 18, 2016

(I know it's out of order but I don't know how to fix it) November 20, 2016

Magandang umaga, hapon, o gabi!

So, this week was pretty crazy, so sit tight and buckle up because it's gonna be a wild ride. (Ok, maybe not THAT wild).

Anyway, as you all know I was transferred to the farthest area from the mission home, Santa Ana.  I share an apartment with the Zone Leaders, and my new companion is Elder Torion.  He's Filipino and from Leyte, which is in the Tacloban mission.  We are opening an area, and this is my third time doing so, so I guess you could say I'm experienced at opening areas.  The Elders before us didn't keep any records, so we're literally starting from scratch, but that's ok. This week we found 18 new investigators in about four days, so that's pretty exciting.

I'm still doing ok, but my new area is very different from my first two.  My first two areas were located in the Ilocos Sur province, while my area now is in Cagayan province.  Cagayan is the poorest province in my mission, and it's a lot colder here than in Ilocos, it also is more of what you think the Philippines to be like, Buko trees, Kubo huts, and eating lots of fish and rice.  I love it here.  The people here are a lot nicer and more receptive.  The members in the area will rush out to meet the Elders as we're walking along the street.  It's fantastic!

We had a pretty cool experience the other day.  As Elder Torion and I were working, we found a Tatay (literally father, but used like Brother) carrying wood to his house. He stopped for a rest and we went up to him and introduced ourselves to him.  He was really receptive, and we were able to hold a lesson while he was taking a break about the Plan of Salvation.  He was really excited about it.  We then offered to carry the wood to his house and he accepted.  After getting to his house, he introduced us to his family and they asked if we could come back and teach them about the gospel. They also referred us to their family members that live all around them.  I asked him why he was so receptive and he told me that he had a relative in the next area over that was converted and he saw a huge change in her life and she received a lot of help from the missionaries and the members.  I can't wait to see if they progress.

Anyway, that's all I've got for this week, nothing much happened.  
I won't be sending pictures at all this transfer, the internet here is extremely slow and it takes way too long to send pictures. If I can find a place that has fast internet, I'll try to send them (Even though I know I've been terrible at it).

Mahal ko kayo lahat!
-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment