Sunday, January 15, 2017

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES WHEN YOU BELIEEEEEVE -January 8, 2017

Magandang umaga, tanghali, hapon, o gabi mga kaibigan ko at pamilya ko!

Kumusta po kayo lahat?  I'm doing really well. This week was quite honestly.... amazing!  I know now without a doubt that God does hear and answer our prayers and will send miracles if you are willing to bear your afflictions with patience and hope.

So, as most of you might have noticed from my previous emails, I've been having companionship problems that have been hindering the work here in Santa Ana. Thank you all for the advice you have given me and the prayers I've felt. I've felt strength and guidance from the Lord helping me understand what course I should take with my companion.  I had been praying for my companion to receive a prompting to change his behavior so that we could hasten the work here in Santa Ana. At the same time, I've been trying extra hard to remain diligent and not be discouraged with my companion's decisions.

Finally, last Thursday, I noticed a change. Elder Torion was super eager to go out and work. He was excited to evaluate the lessons for the day and he offered great advice that has helped me tremendously in the work. He told me that he had felt a prompting from the Holy Ghost to step up and help me. He said that he realized he didn't want to leave the mission with memories of laziness. Consequently, we were able to work really hard this week and finished with 48 lessons and 39 new investigators, leading the zone and breaking the mission standard! It was seriously a fantastic experience and we saw the fruits of our labors on sunday with several less-actives and investigators coming to church from our area!

That's all of the news I have this week about the work. I'll be more detailed next week!

Now for my spiritual thought, even though I already kind of gave one in the body of my email.
This week I was reading about the people of Ammon (aka, Anti-Nephi-Lehis) and their decision to bury their weapons deep into the earth because they feared that they would not be able to repent if they shed blood again. Even when the wicked Lamanites came upon them and began to slay them while they prayed in submission they decided they'd rather die than risk sinning again. They had become truly converted to the gospel and those who perished that day were accepted into the arms of God. This is quite possibly the greatest example of true conversion in the Scriptures.
Let us follow their example and bury our sins deep into the earth, never to touch them again no matter how hard the trials or temptations may be in our life. Let us trust in God and remember that He has a plan for us, and we will always be blessed if we decide to follow His counsel regardless of the circumstances we may face.
-Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment