Sunday, April 2, 2017

Transfer/Trainer part 2 -March 20, 1017

Hey everyone! Sorry for the super short email yesterday. I had two minutes to check my email for the travel schedules, send a quick email, and then I left to Laoag for the trainer's training. Later I will be headed to a meeting for the trainers at 1pm, and I'm very excited but also nervous.  I am so grateful for this opportunity to train a new missionary, and I am also grateful for the time I was given in Santa Ana.

I really fell in love with my last area, and I am really going to miss it.  However, I am not leaving it with any regrets.  I truly feel like I did the best I could have done with the circumstances with my companion, and the area is set up for the next missionaries.

Anyway, the past three cycles (transfers) have probably been the hardest so far on my mission as far as my companion goes.  However, with the help of the Lord and the guidance of my mission president and mission leaders, I was able to continue the work.  The biggest lesson I learned was patience, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to exercise and increase such an important, and Christlike, attribute.  I definitely feel like these past 4 months have made me into a much better person, and I am truly grateful for that.

I will be opening my next area with my trainee, but I have heard that my next area is great.  My next area will also be the first time I will be assigned to a ward rather than a branch.  I'm pretty excited to see what is in store for me. 

I would just like to close with a spiritual thought. In Matthew chapter 16:25, Christ is teaching the people about what we need to do in this life in order to achieve eternal life. He says:

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Oftentimes we tend to focus on ourselves. When things get difficult in our lives we tend to only think about ourselves. Often, we think about ways to constantly improve our own lives before helping others improve theirs.  While improving your own life is important, we must also remember the example of Christ.  Christ never, ever put Himself before others. Instead, He always gave the work of The Father and the needs of others the top priority.  He suffered, bled, and even gave His own life so that we didn't have to suffer the agony of sin in the next life.  He died so that we may live again.  He always gave time to help others, regardless of His own personal affairs. He made time to show others that He loved them through service.

Let us all strive to be a little more Christlike. Rather than focusing on 'saving' our own lives, let us lose our lives in the service of others and then we shall find eternal life in the world to come.  I know that Christ gave us the perfect example to follow, all we have to do is choose to follow it.

Mahal ko kayong lahat,
Ingat kayo palagi

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment