Sunday, April 2, 2017

San Lorenzo! -March 26, 2017

Magandang umaga, tanghali, hapon, o gabi mga kapitid, kaibigan, at mag-anak.

I absolutely love my new area!  Even though we are opening the area, I can see massive potential for progress in San Lorenzo!

First off, the ward is fantastic!  Our bishop is really organized and our ward mission leader is diligent in his calling!  This has been the first time where the members don't have to be forced to hold MCM or other council meetings! I love it!  In fact, President Andrada said the San Lorenzo Ward is the model ward of the mission! I'm so lucky to be serving here!

Next, my trainee is the BEST! His name is Elder Leduna. He is Filipino, from Negros Occidental (part of the Cebu mission). He has been a member since he was eight and he is super awesome at beatboxing. He likes electronic music, jokes, and basketball.  He love the gospel and has had experience working with missionaries in the past.  I absolutely love working with him! He is diligent, obedient, and humble. We have a great time working together and I can't wait to get this area going!

Anyway, yesterday in Priesthood class the one who was supposed to teach didn't show up. And, for some reason, every priesthood holder wanted me to teach the lesson (probably because I'm white, I don't know). I told them I didn't know what the lesson was and instantly I was handed a kindle fire with the lesson plan. Wow.  So, the lesson was just the First Presidency Message and it was about the blessings of obedience.  The lesson went pretty well actually. I talked about how all blessings are dependent upon obedience to the commandments, and we have a choice whether or not we want to be obedient in order to receive those blessings.  I especially emphasized the commandment to home teach and committed them all to perform their home teaching. Overall, it was pretty good.

After church, we had a body viewing.  That's right, first Sunday and we get to go see somebody who died.  It was actually pretty good. My companion shared a spiritual thought and we sang a couple of hymns as well.  Afterwards, we come to find out that the actual funeral will be held on Thursday and I was recommended by the Sunday School teacher to give the Spiritual thought. So, not even one week in the new area and I get to speak at a funeral for a person I didn't even know. Exciting :)

That's all for this week, I will try to send pictures more regularly from now on. The internet here in Ilocos Norte is WAY faster than Cagayan.  


Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment