Sunday, November 5, 2017

Transfers Came And..... -October 16, 2017

I'm still in Camalaniugan :) Yep, it looks like I will be staying six months here in this area! I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve yet another transfer cycle in this beautiful area.  I know this is where the Lord wants me to be, and I know there is a reason I have stayed here so long in this area.

This week was pretty great actually. We were able to gain two more solid Baptismal Dates for the month of November and we were strongly commit two of our investigators to keep the Word of Wisdom and so far they have been doing good. We now have 2 almost 100% sure baptisms scheduled for the 28 of October. We had to move the Baptismal Date of our part-member investigator due to an illness causing him to miss church too many times, but his baptism is back on track for the first week of November.

Elder Ronquillo and I continue to get along great, and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to work with him here in Camalaniugan for another cycle. Although I was expecting to be transferred, I know this is where the Lord needs me for at least one more cycle, and I know there is a reason why I am here. I will do my best to continue to help this area progress and to help my investigators come unto Christ.

This week I really focused on the purpose of "religion". A common concern with investigators here is that they always say, "We all worship one God." or "All religions are great, it just depends on where you want to go to church, all of us will be saved anyway," which is quite possibly the most frustrating thing in the world.  So, in my study I came across James 1:27 which is this,

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

Which I came to interpret in this way: Pure, true religion is centered on the Father and His Son.  It is centered on charity, feeling love for those around us and helping others who stand in need.  It's purpose is to also keep us unspotted from the things of the world, not just sin, but those things that can distract us from God and focus on other, less eternal things.  It provides us a way to return to our Father and the only way to do all those things is through His Church and His Gospel.  No other church can back up any claim of their of "divinity" except The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. No other church has done more good for the world and for the salvation of man. I know that this Church is true, and as we strive to be faithful to living "pure religion" we are also striving to become closer with God.

Until next week,
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment