Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Pretty Great Week! -October 30, 2017

Magandang araw sa inyo lahat!

This email is gonna be pretty short because I sent a lot of pictures :)
We had two baptisms this week.  We baptized the Umbrero couple. They are the ones who I said sell sticky rice and the like.  Their baptism wasn't anything too big, but that's what they wanted.  It was a great service, and we are setting up their children to be taught. We are pushing them to start preparing for the temple so they can receive the blessing of an eternal family :)

I would like to share just one thought I gained from my studies this week. I was reading about the plan of salvation, more particularly our purpose of our life here on earth, and I came across references in Moses 5 and 2 Nephi 2. After studying these references, I pondered over the meaning of the purpose of this life. I started with the well known reference of 2 Nephi 2:25, stating "men are that they might have joy" which I had always felt was a little broad in stating what our purpose in this life is. However, upon reading the Moses 5 references, I realized from the testimonies of Adam and Eve, that the joy they are blessed with is the joy that comes from receiving a remission of sins through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, all of which is possible because of the great atoning sacrifice of our Savior. I also began to connect these thoughts with references found in Lehi's Dream, partaking of the Love of Christ and gaining a desire to share that same Love with others. 



I realized now that this life is meant for us to receive joy through forgiveness of our sins, which can only come through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and my purpose as a missionary is to invite others to partake of this joy. To show others the way to be completely cleansed and start over. I'm so very grateful for the part I play in helping others partake of this wonderful gift.

Mahal ko kayong lahat!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment