Sunday, November 5, 2017

Life Is Good -October 9, 2017

Magandang araw mga kamag-anak at kaibigan!

Phew! This week was most likely the busiest week of my mission so far.  As mentioned before, we did not get back from the Mission Home in Laoag until Wednesday, where we had P-day.  Then, on Thursday we had exchanges with the Gattaran District Leader. I worked with his companion/trainee and Elder Ronquillo went and worked in their area.

The exchanges started out alright.  We had district meeting and the Sister Training Leaders gave an excellent training on how to more effectively get our investigators to church.  Afterwards, we ate lunch, went home and started planning out the day.  In the middle of our planning session our landlady pulls up on her motorcycle and says something to the point of, "So are you guys moving today or what?" and we reply that we most likely wouldn't be moving until the next day because that is when the owner of our new apartment said we could move in.  She then replied "Well how is that going to work because I'm going to sleep her and invite all my friends over later tonight."
...
...
Yeah... our plans were about to change.

The four of us Elders looked at each other and silently agreed that we would in fact be moving today.  We called the former District President and informed him that in one hour we would need his help in moving apartments.  Thankfully, he had already offered his help (and more specifically his truck) to the missionaries when we would be moving apartments.  We packed all of our things and were able to successfully move apartments across town in the blazing speed of six hours.  We are now getting settled into our new apartment and things are looking up.  Luckily, our new apartment actually has clear water, an awesome landlady, and (eventually) running water!  After the move we definitely felt a wave of stress leave from the four elders of Camalaniugan.

Saturday and Sunday we were also able to view General Conference. Like was mentioned in the past, general conference here is a week later due to the time difference of the Philippines being almost one day ahead of the States.  I must say I absolutely loved it.  Even though seeing temple square, the conference center, and listening to English for several hours makes me a little homesick, the blessings and learnings I receive from General Conference are worth every ounce of missing home.  I especially loved Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk concerning the Book of Mormon. Here is one of the quotes that I really found impressive,

"Whenever I hear anyone, including myself, say, 'I know the Book of Mormon is true,' I want to exclaim, 'That’s nice, but it is not enough!' We need to feel, deep in 'the inmost part' of our hearts, that the Book of Mormon is unequivocally the word of God. We must feel it so deeply that we would never want to live even one day without it. I might paraphrase President Brigham Young in saying, 'I wish I had the voice of seven thunders to wake up the people' to the truth and power of the Book of Mormon."

I know with my whole heart, within the deepest reaches of my very soul, that the Book of Mormon is the most powerful, most perfect book on earth.  I know that no other book can help us come closer unto God than the Book of Mormon.  I have studied the words of the prophets found in the Book of Mormon, I have learned of the doctrine of Christ, and have deepened my understanding of the Gospel through my time feasting upon the words found in this sacred book.  I know the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God.  I challenge all of you to feast upon it every day and I know if you will do so, you will be able to find comfort, peace, and answers in your life.

That's all for this week, until next time!
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment