Sunday, September 25, 2016

Week 4 San Juan

Hello everybody!
Well, it happened.  I got called on to speak in church yesterday.  Thankfully, I was told the day before, so I had some time to prepare.  I spoke on faith, and I think it went pretty well.  I gave the talk in English in order to say exactly what I wanted to say, but I shared my testimony in Tagalog in the end and I was able to say things I didn't even know I knew.  
This week wasn't really eventful, however we were invited to several Family Home Evenings, which were all pretty fun.  However, I think my companion takes advantage of me, being new and all, and I had to give the thought at every single one, but at least I learned a lot in how to teach, so I guess I can be grateful for that :)

Our area continues to have no progress, which frustrates me because we work so hard and pray and study and do all that we can to find new investigators, but nothing comes from it.  The thing that frustrates me the most is that Filipinos are so nice, which sounds like it should be a good thing, but it makes it difficult to know if they are really interested in the message we have or simply are trying to be kind to us.  So far, they've all been simply trying to be nice, so no progressing investigators and no baptismal dates, but we will keep pressing on!  The hymn "Carry On" comes to my mind if I ever start to feel discouraged at all.  It helps me continue to have good spirits and be thankful for all the blessings that God has given me.  If anyone has any advice that helped in their mission (obviously if you served one) it would be greatly appreciated.
My companion and I are doing well, we don't fight but we don't really talk to each other either.  We don't really relate on anything and it can be kind of difficult.  Oh well, we work and that's what's good.
That's all I've got for this week, I don't have any pictures this week but I will have some next week.
Thank you for all the emails and birthday wishes!  Next time I send an email I will be "One year older and wiser too!"
Mahal ko kayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment