Sunday, December 31, 2017

Speaking Tagalog -November 13, 2017

Naimbag nga bigad kadagiti kabsatko,

This week was pretty good. We were able to have for Angel, the daughter of the Umbreros, interviewed for baptism this week and she passed, meaning we will be having another baptism in the upcoming weeks. Tatay Umbrero also passed his interview to receive the Aaronic priesthood, which he will be receiving next week. We are happy to report that the Umbrero Family are the first members of the church in their barangay and they are doing a great job extending invitations to others to listen to our message, and we were able to gain many new investigators in their area, with quite a few having very high potentials to progress.  The Umbreros are definitely the most converted people I have seen on my mission.  They love this gospel, they pay their tithing weekly, they changed their entire livelihood in order to follow the principles of the gospel.  Even other people have noticed how great of a change the gospel has played in their life. I'm so proud of them :)

Elder Ronquillo and I are doing great. We have made a goal to help Elder Ronquillo learn English, so we only speak in English when we are together. While we are with investigators and such, we speak Tagalog and/or Ilocano but I have already seen a great improvement in his speaking skills. We even pushed this goal to the other Elders in the apartment to help Elder MiƱosa learn English as well. It's been pretty fun actually to notice that the two foreigners in the apartment tend to slip into Tagalog more than the two Filipinos do. 

This week was pretty great for me as well. After the successful exchanges I had with Elder Dillabaugh I was reinvigorated with the Spirit and had a lot more drive for the rest of the week. For some reason, I've been feeling pretty sleepy all of the time, even though I have been getting sufficient rest, but other than that I'm feeling great. I love this work and I love helping others come unto Christ.

Well, that's really it for this week.

Sa susunod ulit!

No comments:

Post a Comment