Sunday, July 2, 2017

Well, That was Unexpected -June 18, 2017

Hello everyone!

This week was extremely busy, so I don't have any pictures this week. However, this has also probably been one of the best weeks in my mission.

Elder Andon and I arrived in Camalaniugan last Tuesday and as soon as we drop our stuff off at the apartment we went out and worked.  We found some members and we contacted the investigator of the previous elders who turns out to be an American from Washington D.C. who is here for college. His name is Josh Anderson, and he is great! However, he doesn't speak any Tagalog, so I get to teach in English which is quite refreshing but also a different challenge because my companion doesn't speak too much English.  But, the lessons we have had with him have been THE BEST lessons I have ever had on my mission.  I always come away from those lessons refreshed and energized with the Spirit.  He is scheduled for baptism on July 1 and we are both confident that he will be getting baptized on that date!

So the people here in my new area are quite possibly the nicest people I have ever met.  Also, one of the Elders in my apartment is Elder Anuat, who was my second companion! It's been cool to catch up with him.  He's also my District Leader. 

Oh, and our apartment is pretty gross.  I'll have pictures next week but it's nasty. Our water is yellow and we have to get our drinking water from a filtering station.  It's infested with cockroaches as big as my palm. 

That's all for this week!
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment