Sunday, July 2, 2017

Letter to Dad -May 28, 2017

A letter to James for his birthday:

Hey Dad,

So, this letter is going to be in a bigger font because I know you don't like to read small words haha.  But I know it's your birthday, and I felt like I should write to you personally.

First off, I want to say that I love you.  I'm proud of you.  You are the greatest example to me and the kids.  You have always sought out what is best for me, and I thank you for that.  And even though I was pretty hard-headed sometimes, you still loved me.  Thank you for always supporting me and helping me become a better man and priesthood holder. 

Thank you for always magnifying your calling and also taking time to help the family.  Here on the mission, I've really learned the importance of priesthood duty and family.  They are inseparable, and you have done a tremendous job in balancing both of those vital roles as a father and priesthood holder.  I know that sometimes you feel like you aren't quite doing as good as you think you should be, but let me tell you that you are the greatest dad a son could ask for.  

You are a mentor, a teacher, a leader, but most importantly you are a father.  You take on so many roles, but you never forget that the most important is that of being a dad.  You care deeply for every one of us kids.   Here on the mission, I've definitely realized the many times where you have shown your love for me.  I've realized the time you taught me how to drive a manual, the many times you tried to teach me how to be patient, or whenever you made time to come to my band concerts, those were all instances where you did something because you loved me.

Now, I'm sorry if my English wasn't too great in this letter (speaking a different language with a completely different grammar structure kind of erases all of the things learned in AP English) but I hope you got the message that I love you.  You are the greatest example to me.  I am so lucky that you are the father that the Father has blessed me with.  Thank you for all that you do for me and the family.

You are amazing Dad,
I love you,
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment