Sunday, June 10, 2018

Running Out of Subject Lines... -March 12, 2018

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat!

This week was pretty busy.  We had MLC this week and we learned some really great things about leadership.  I especially liked a training that Sister Andrada gave about Eagles and Geese.. I know that might sound kind of strange, but let me explain the reasoning. 

Sister Andrada posed the question, "What would you rather be? An eagle, or a goose?" Then she had us raise our hands to indicate which we would choose.  Afterwards, she explained how eagles are very strong, brave, and free; however, they always fly alone.  Geese, on the other hand, always fly with the flock, they encourage each other by 'honking', and when one goose is injured or sick, two geese will always stop and stay with the injured goose until it heals, or dies (showing that geese support struggling companions ;) ).  I feel like the power of the training is kind of lost in the email, but I hope you all get the point ;).

The work we had this week went pretty well. We were able to have even more success with the finding at the church. Before, the students felt a little awkward or shy around us, but now they expect us to be there and are ready and excited to listen to our lessons. It's a great change from before. We are building up a great pool of investigators, and it's great to see their excitement about the gospel.

Elder Cedillo and I are continuing to have a strong relationship. I really enjoy his great enthusiasm and motivation he has for the work. I really appreciate his fresh look on missionary work and I'm glad to say that I'm learning from him. We get along really well, and I hope I'll be able to stick with him for at least one more transfer. Every time I've said I get along with a companion they always get transferred, so hopefully this time will be different.

I'm doing great as well. I absolutely love this work. I'm so grateful for the scriptures, and the guidance they bring to my life. I'm also grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the power it gives to change lives for the better. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help others feel this same power in their lives.

I attached some pictures, but only one wanted to upload, so next week will be more :) You're welcome Mom :)

Sa susunod ulit!
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

Mom's response:

Hi Luke,

I couldn't help but smile as I read about the geese-- I love the analogy but I can't stop picturing you as a little boy chucking bread over your head as you run for your life from an attacking gaggle of geese!
(This actually happened to Luke when we lived in Oregon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment