Sunday, June 10, 2018

Members Are the Key -March 19, 2018

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat!

While being yet another busy week, many great things happened. We have recently been focusing on really establishing the member-missionary work program here in Sinait. To do so, we have been focusing on four member households and training them on how to really share the gospel with others by inviting others to listen to our message, giving a copy of The Book of Mormon, and being able to answer simple questions about our beliefs. It has been a wonderful experience so far and this past week it paid off. We had three of those "trained" members come work with us, and we went and contacted people that they had invited to hear the gospel. We found several new interested people, but the best was the Dalunag family. 

The Dalunag family was a referral from the members, and their daughter has attended sacrament meeting before, but this was the first time we were able to contact them because we weren't sure where they were living. We were able to find them with the members' help, and they let us right in. We had a wonderful lesson on the Plan of Salvation and they were really happy to have us come back and teach again. The Spirit was very strong in our lesson we had with this family, and we're super happy to see them progress.


The Sinait Branch finally called a new Branch Mission Leader this week (previously we had none) and we had a wonderful Coordination meeting as well. Even though the Branch Mission Leader is new, we are really happy for the calling and we will be working closely with the Branch Mission Leader to guide him and help this branch become even more established. We are planning on doing a Mini MTC with the members, where we will be training them on what they can do in order to help others hear the gospel. It will be happening on April 14, and hopefully I will still be here to see that happen. However, whatever the Lord's will is for me, I accept.


Elder Cedillo and I are doing really well here in Sinait. I really enjoy our companionship, and I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to serve with him. I'm grateful for his willingness to learn and to really strive in becoming a better missionary. He is so humble, and he is always ready to learn and to help me learn as well. We're doing well here, and we are seeing a great surge of strength coming into this branch. I hope this companionship will continue to improve.

I'm doing great, as always. It seems like every week I say that, but it's true. I'm so happy to be learning more and more about the gospel and the great peace that comes from living by its principles. I love my Savior, and I'm grateful that He loves me enough to have been willing to sacrifice Himself for me so that I would be able to return to live with My Father again. I know that this work is very true, and there is no other greater work than sharing the gospel.


No comments:

Post a Comment