Sunday, February 25, 2018

Running Out of Subject Lines -February 7, 2018

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat!

This week went well. We were able to prepare our investigator, Jamaicah, for baptism and she will be baptized this week! She is the brother of our RC whom we baptized in December, and we are so happy for her progress. We have definitely seen a change in her life since she has started living the gospel. She is definitely happier and more confident now that she has come closer unto Christ. I'm so grateful for the special opportunity I have as a missionary to see how much a person's life can change because of the gospel.

Elder Francia and I are getting along great. We are getting more and more unified in the teaching and we are doing really well as friends. We tend to see eye-to-eye on all things, and we haven't had any large disagreements. I really enjoy being his companion, and I feel like we are really making a difference here in Sinait.

As usual, I'm doing well. I had a pretty great experience the other day with one of our less-active members, Janice. Whenever we go to Janice, we tend to have a pretty animated, happy lesson where we answer her questions and seek to build her faith in Christ. However, this last lesson started alright, but suddenly Janice started talking and she ended up telling us her entire life story, which is actually quite heart-breaking. Janice has had a really hard life, and I honestly wasn't sure what to do to help her. I wasn't even sure if the scripture in D&C 121 would help her because, from her life story, the statement "Thou art not yet as Job" wouldn't really apply due to the fact of just how hard her life really has been and currently is. So, as a companionship we decided to give her a Priesthood blessing of comfort/healing (she has medical problems as well). 

I went to do the anointing and as soon as I placed my hands on her head she kind of jumped and said," Elder Anderson, why are your hands so hot?" which was surprising because it's actually been pretty cold here in our area and I knew my hands were a little chilly. I replied that I didn't know, and went on with the anointing. Elder Francia finished the sealing and afterwards, Janice broke down crying tears of joy and relief. She stated that the blessing we had just given was the greatest experience she has had in her life. She said she felt a great warmth come from our hands into her whole being and she felt as if all of the burdens she had been experiencing seemed to melt away. I had never felt so much joy for helping someone as I had felt at that moment. This experience really helped me gain a greater appreciation for the Priesthood and remaining worthy to exercise the Priesthood power at any time.

That's it for this week!
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment