Sunday, February 25, 2018

Can't Think of Another Subject Line -January 28, 2018

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat!

This week was a solid week even though we had some work time lost due to interviews and Zone Conference. We ended up having great lessons with some long time investigators which ended up helping them actually come to church this week. It was a great experience to see one of our investigators, who has never been to church, walk through the chapel doors on time! I was so happy to finally see them come and experience the special spirit that only comes through sacrament attendance. We are so excited to see her and her family progress in the gospel!
In fact, the lesson we ended up teaching her (her name is Gema) that helped her come to church was quite unorthodox.. The lesson's topic was about gender inequality, which is definitely a discussion I didn't think I would have on my mission, but it turned into a wonderful opportunity for Gema and her husband Jonas to open up and ask questions that they have had.  The next day, we dropped by their house to check up on them and remind them about church and they asked us when we would be coming back, because they had a lot more questions to ask! I can't wait to see what other questions they have that we can help answer with the guidance of the Spirit.

Elder Francia and I are doing great. I honestly love working and teaching with him. We don't have any problems with each other, and I feel we are very close. Our teaching is going well and I feel like we are very united in the lessons. There have been more times than I can count where we seem to read each others thoughts in teaching and know exactly what to teach/say. I dare say that we are on fire with our teaching. 

I'm doing quite well, as always. There was some confusion last week on assigning the teacher in Priesthood this week and I thought I was to be the one to teach. Thankfully, it turned out the regular Priesthood teacher prepared something to teach, but as a result I spent some time studying the Sabbath Day this week. I read a talk in the October Coference edition of the Liahona by Elder Peter F. Meurs about how the sacrament can and should be used as an opportunity to review and reflect upon ourselves and determine the things what we need to change. He also gave suggestions on how to make the sacrament more meaningful and powerful to us. One of those suggestions was preparing in advance to partake of the sacrament. He suggested using time on Saturday to contemplate our spiritual progression and determining what needs to be changed that can be helped through the sacrament. I actually took the invitation to heart and took time on Saturday to contemplate how I could better come closer unto Christ. I discovered some things that I needed to improve on and kept those things in mind as I partook of the sacrament. As a result, I felt a calm assurance that God would help me overcome my weaknesses as I tried my best to improve. It was a great experience and I will be repeating that invitation from now on.

Anyway, that's it for this week!
Mahal ko kayong lahat!

No comments:

Post a Comment