Sunday, February 25, 2018

Happy New Year! -January 1, 2018

Naragsak nga baro a tawen dagiti kabsatko!

I hope all of you had a great new year's celebration.  It's a pretty crazy thing to think that this year, 2018, I will be finishing my mission. It feels like yesterday I came into the field, and now I'm getting fairly close to leaving.  It's amazing how time flies in the mission.  I hope all of us will use this great opportunity to review our efforts in becoming Christlike and then make goals to adjust our behaviors to become more inline with the teachings of the Savior.

This week was actually a pretty solid week of work. We had some baptismal dates expire, but we were able to extend several more baptismal dates this week. We had a pretty great finding experience as well. We were going tracting in one of our areas that doesn't have a very large teaching pool and we felt like we saw isang nanay washing clothes outside. We felt impressed to talk to her and she invited us to sit and share with her. Once we sat down, she invited her family to come talk with us and we found out all of the adults in the compound were members, they just haven't been to church in a long time, but they had been able to be sealed in the temple. This led to us getting a return appointment, and several new part-member investigators. So far only two of them came to church this week, but they said they already had made too many plans for New Year's, so they wouldn't be able to make it; however, next week they should be able to attend.


Elder Galos and I are doing great as always. I really enjoy his companionship. We work so well together and it seems like we can read each others' thoughts when we are teaching. It has been great working with him, and I can't wait to continue working with him for as long as the Lord will allow. He has helped me a lot in adjusting to the new area, and I've truly been blessed by his advice and his guidance about our relationships with the members and in how to better build relationships with the Less-Active members. I'll be sad when we have to separate.

I'm doing great as well. I'm happy for this new year and a chance to become a better and more Christlike missionary. I'm grateful for the opportunity to reflect on the year and determine what needs to be changed and what I can improve on in order to better bring my life in harmony with the gospel and Christ's teachings. I'm so excited to make plans and set goals for this year, and I've already made a goal to finish the Book of Mormon at least two more times before finishing my mission. I've also made a goal to start a notebook where I take all of the chapters in the Book of Mormon and write a summary of the chapter and the key points of doctrine discussed in the chapter. I feel like this will definitely help me better understand the Book of Mormon and strengthen my testimony of its truthfulness.

Mahal ko kayong lahat!
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment